Thursday, May 22, 2008...
* Get up about 7 and stumble around for awhile, make coffee, eat some cereal.
* Then it's onto email, blogs, general electrono-socialization and keeping up on the state of the world. A little facebook, poke a few people, chat, etc.
* Onto more seriousness, check email and time to print some cards for an Etsy order from the Woody Mart, as well as a print for someone. Maybe it's like 9:30-10 now... not really sure.
* Two cups of coffee in me and I'm starting to wake up, so I put on some "This American Life" podcast, then a Rob Bell podcast talk while printing and a little studio cleaning.
* Around 11 am I start a painting of Ted Kennedy I drew the other day for my portfolio, I figure it's good to have some portraits in there and he's been in the news lately. Very fun character to draw! Music: Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs (the new album is awesome, hooray for pop music!)
* Finish a couple small paintings started earlier this week, while doing layers on Ted.
* Let the cat out while I grab some lunch, around 12:45. Water plants, and back to work.
* Finish Ted. Listening to Kaki King - Until We Felt Red.
* Quick cat nap at 3:30 (me and the cats!)
* Up and working on one of my stories for a picture book about the moon. No music, writing and "early" creative idea work needs silence!
* Jessica comes home (maybe around 5-5:30), tired, so we take a rest, talk, I do the dishes (much neglected!), and we finally make some home made mac and cheese! Can't beat that!
* After dinner and a little "Reaper"(see below), I pull my butt off the couch and ride the stationary bike as well as lift some weights.
* Now it must be like 8:30pm or so, I open some wine (Boeger 2006 Barbera) and take the laptop outside to write some more (this time, editing some of "The Fabulous Forest Band"). It's been windy all day so it's a little chilly, a clear night, perfect for writing! Finally, around 10:30 I call it quits, head in, finish this post and crawl in bed next to my already dead to the world wife and cuddly cats.
P.S. I'm supposed to tag a few people as well, so I'd like to see a day in the life of
and Kathleen Rietz