Monday, December 07, 2009

A little Christmas and a cartoon


I love doing a new Christmas painting, something I do every year. Something about the magic feeling, something bigger than us, but smaller somehow that draws inspiration from me. This year I thought I'd try a new color scheme and get away from the usual 'red/green'. I knew I wanted to use gold leaf, but after painting it, I thought the orange/rusty copper leaf would go better with the blue/greens. So here it is, "Adoration".

Also, I've done another small stop-motion animation so I'm posting that as well. This is my second 'video' and they are so fun to do, I love picking music to go with the art. On a side note; I'm not actually left handed. I had to shoot the video upside down, then when I flipped it over, it played backwards. Anyhoo, give it a look-see.



P.S. can't believe I missed Illustration Friday the last couple weeks, so I'll post another couple pictures this week!

1 comment:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Cool! I love the giraffe and that little car! :o)