Thursday, December 10, 2009

Meet Mortimer


Mortimer is the frog who stars in many adventures that are told to a couple of kids by their very imaginative father. Included in the stories are Mr. Beaver-the builder, and the princess Raccoon. I did this painting for a good friend who is trading a snuggly hand-knit baby blanket for it. A fine trade, exclaims Mort!

Also, I've missed illustration friday lately, so here are a couple images for that. I have SO many music inspired paintings, I can't believe I missed the week it was the topic! The first two are for "music", and the last picture is a page from my upcoming book called "ZISHE - The Superman of Strength" published by Kar-Ben publishing fall of 2010. Zishe used to crack nuts and drive nails into boards with his bare hands. So here we are:



4 comments:

Sam Ricks said...

I love these! I love how you color on top of another color to create those textures. Nicely done!

Art Fan Ako said...

Snazzy characters! :)

Levina Leo said...

very nice! i love your blog c:

Eric Barclay said...

Outstanding! Really love the textured quality of your work.